Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Discovered on countryliving.com. Use your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe to prepare these.
- sugar cookie dough (enough to make 48 cookies)
- food coloring (create autumn colors that include brown or tan, fuschia, red or burgundy, yellow or gold, green, etc)
- sanding sugar or turbinado sugar
- Divide the dough into four (or more) batches and tint each with food coloring.
- Create a multicolored patchwork by pressing dough pieces from each batch together on lightly floured parchment paper.
- Smooth with rolling pin to 1/4" thickness.
- Chill for 15 minutes, then cut out shapes using fall leaf-shaped cookie cutters.
- Bake according to your cookie recipe's instructions.
- Decorate: Create leaf veins with a toothpick, then sprinkle with sanding sugar (we used turbinado aka raw sugar instead).
- Prep does not include chilling or shaping.