Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Discovered on countryliving.com. Use your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe to prepare these.
Make and share this Autumn Leaf Patchwork Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Divide the dough into four (or more) batches and tint each with food coloring.
- Create a multicolored patchwork by pressing dough pieces from each batch together on lightly floured parchment paper.
- Smooth with rolling pin to 1/4" thickness.
- Chill for 15 minutes, then cut out shapes using fall leaf-shaped cookie cutters.
- Bake according to your cookie recipe's instructions.
- Decorate: Create leaf veins with a toothpick, then sprinkle with sanding sugar (we used turbinado aka raw sugar instead).
- Prep does not include chilling or shaping.