2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
For an autumn harvest dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g pancetta, finely chopped
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 113.39 g chicken gizzard, finely chopped (optional)
- 118.29 ml dry white wine or 118.29 ml dry vermouth
- 12 minced sage leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.46 ml grated nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml tomato paste
- 1Make chicken ragu: heat a large pan over medium heat; add in olive oil and butter; the moment the butter melts, add in onion and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add in garlic; cook until aromatic, about 15 seconds.
- 3Add in chopped pancetta; cook until frizzled and browned, 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Stir in chopped thighs and gizzards (if using); decrease heat to med-low; cook until they are well browned, about 8 minutes.
- 5Pour in the wine; use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- 6Stir in the sage, bay leaves, nutmeg, and cloves.
- 7Pour in the broth; stir in the tomato paste until dissolved.
- 8Decrease heat to low; set the pan cover askew, and simmer very slowly for 30 minutes.
- 9Then cover the pan and continue cooking about 30 more minutes.
- 10Remove pan from heat and set aside; remove and discard bay leaves.
- 11Make the casserole: position oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 375°.
- 12Put a small skillet over medium heat; add in pine nuts; toast just until golden, about 4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- 13Pour into a small bowl; cool for 5 minutes.
- 14Layer the lasagna in a 13x9 inch pan as follow: ½ cup chicken ragu, spread in the bottom pan; 3 noodles, 1 ½ cups chicken ragu; half of the cheese, placed evenly over the ragu; 3 tablespoons white wine sprinkled over the cheese; half the toasted pine nuts and half the raisins; 3 noodles, 1 ½ cups chicken ragu; remaining cheese; 3 tablespoons white wine, again sprinkled over them; remaining pine nuts and raisins; the remaining noodles and finally, the remaining chicken ragu, making sure it covers the casserole thoroughly.
- 15Cover the pan with a layer of parchment paper, then a layer of foil.
- 16Bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and continue baking until dense, compact, and bubbling, about 5 more minutes.
- 17Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Lasagna With Chicken Ragù, Pine Nuts, and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.4
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 701.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles