1/1 Photo of Autumn Lasagna
I found this recipe out on the web and am posting it to try later. It sounds really interesting!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb cabbage leaf (green or purple)
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushroom
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart whole milk, heated
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 ounce pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- 1 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 10 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles (Oven-Ready)
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees.
- 2CUT cabbage into thin strips. Pour boiling water over porcini mushrooms and let soak for 30 minutes or until softened. Drain and chop porcini mushrooms.
- 3HEAT 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil in a large skillet over moderately low heat.
- 4ADD garlic, mushrooms and rosemary and cook until garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- 5ADD cabbage and cook over low heat, covered for 5 minutes.
- 6ADD wine and simmer until the wine is evaporated.
- 7ADD 1/4 cup of water and cook over low heat until cabbage is tender, about 6 minutes. Discard garlic and rosemary and season cabbage with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8MELT remaining 4 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- 9ADD milk in a stream, whisking and bring mixture to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of nutmeg.
- 10ADD cabbage to sauce.
- 11COMBINE the 2 cheese. Spread one-third of the cabbage mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- 12ARRANGE half of the lasagne in one layer on top of the cabbage and top with half the remaining cabbage mixture and half of the cheese mixture .
- 13ARRANGE the remaining lasagne over the cheese and top with the remaining cabbage mixture and cheese.
- 14BAKE in the middle of the over for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.5
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 327.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles