1/1 Photo of Autumn Kit Kat Layer Cake (W/ Reeses Pieces)
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this super simple, but fantastic looking, recipe when I was looking for an idea for a cake to make for a cake walk at the carnival at my daughter's school. Everyone oohed and ahhed over it and a picture of it was on the cover of the school newsletter that month. It is insanely easy but I promise that you will have everyone asking for your recipe! You can also change the theme of the cake by substituting seasonal M&M's on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box duncan hines devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix (the small box)
- 1 (16 ounce) container white frosting
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 12 (1 1/2 ounce) Kit Kat bars (not snack size)
- 1 (1 lb) bag Reese's pieces
- autumn themed ribbon
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2To make the cake:.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the Duncan Hine's cake mix, milk, eggs, canola oil and chocolate pudding mix . Mix until everything is moist and then mix on Medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Divide cake mix evenly between two 9" greased round cake pans.
- 5Bake for 28-31 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes then remove cakes and cool completely on wire rack.
- 6To make the icing:
- 7Spoon vanilla icing into a bowl and add peanut butter. Mix with hand mixer until combined. Add more peanut butter, to taste.
- 8To assemble the cake:.
- 9Place one cake on whatever plate you are using to serve it and icing like normal, adding some extra on the top.
- 10Place the second cake on top of the first cake. Icing the second cake to create a layer cake. It does not have to look pretty -- you won't see it anyway.
- 11Break Kit Kats in half so that 2 bars are still stuck together. You will use between 10 and 12 (4 packs) of Kit Kats depending on the size of your cake.
- 12Spread some icing on the back of each Kit Kat section and begin placing them around the cake (vertically and right next to each other). It will begin to resemble a fence going around the cake.
- 13When you've gone the whole way around, tie the Autumn themed ribbon around the cake to keep the Kit Kats in place.
- 14Fill the top of the cake with Reese's Pieces (you will probably use a whole bag).
- 15Cover and refrigerate or serve immediately.
- 16You can also use different cake and icing combinations or top it with seasonal or regular M&M's to fit any occasion. Coordinate ribbon to match!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Kit Kat Layer Cake (W/ Reeses Pieces)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 979.9
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 680.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 85.0 g
- Protein 17.1 g