Recipe by Annacia
Gather some friends around the fireside to enjoy good company and lovely coffee.
Top Review by loof
Mmmmmm this is a lovely little bit of fall in a cup! The spicing is great and I did add the brown sugar and loved it. I like my coffee light so I added cream to the coffee instead of topping with whipped cream. Of course I included the sprinkling of cinnamon and cocoa powder. Delightful - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 -7 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken up
- 4 -7 green cardamoms
- 64 ounces brewed coffee (or however much your coffee pot makes)
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings, and
- cinnamon, sprinkled
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew a pot of your favorite coffee, a little too strong.
- In a small pan, add 1 1/2 cup water, 4-7 cloves, the cinnamon stick broken up, 4-7 whole cardamom - split the tips, and 4 teaspoons of sugar.
- Heat up to boiling then reduce to simmer for 3-4 minutes .
- Mix the coffee and the spice-mix, pour into cups top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate and cinnamon.
- Add more sugar if desired.
- This also makes a great drink with some Kahlua or brandy, for a more adult evening drink.