Recipe by Dannygirl
Turnip, Potatoes, Asparagus, Bacon & Corn. This is so yummy!! (if I do say so myself.) I didn't have the ingredients to make my Corn Chowder, so I threw a bunch of things in a pot and came up with this. *pls note* the auto-converter for metric to Imperial adds an extra 1/8 of everything, ignore the 1/8.
- 250 ml cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 7⁄8 liters prepared low sodium chicken broth (2 Campbell's Tetra Packs)
- 500 ml water
- 750 ml diced turnips or 750 ml rutabagas
- 250 ml diced onions
- 500 ml asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 10 ml chili powder
- 10 ml cajun seasoning
- 2 ml basil
- 2 ml marjoram
- 250 ml frozen corn
- 500 ml table cream
- 2 (420 g) packagesdry unprepared roasted garlic mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into 3cm or 1/2 inch pieces, cook and drain.
- In a large pot add Chicken Stock, Water, Bacon, Onion and Turnip.
- Bring to boil, then cook at medium heat for 20 minutes Stirring occassionally.
- Add Asparagus and seasonings and cook for another 20 minutes Stirring occassionally.
- Add Corn, Cream and Potatoes and cook another 10 mins stirring often.
- Let stand away from heat for 5 minutes and serve.