Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A really heavenly tasting Pumpkin bread. Makes a nice breakfast treat or a Holiday accompaniment or dessert.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- sifted confectioners' sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter, add the sugars, a little at a time, and beat the batter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, a little at a time alternating with the flour mixture, until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla and pumpkin puree until combined well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, smoothing the top, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto the rack to cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic and foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.