Recipe by anonymous
Another recipe from the Time-Life Family Favorites collection. Absolutely delicious and very figure friendly!!
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend (fast cook recipe)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Prepare rice as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, create a large pocket in each chicken breast by cutting a horizontal slit nearly through to the other side along the thin, long edge of the chicken breast.
- Stir cranberries and walnuts into the cooked rice. Open up each chicken breast and place an equal portion of the hot rice into each pocket.
- Place chicken in the prepared pan and arrange so pieces don't touch or overlap. Lightly spray tops of chicken breasts with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 18 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.