Recipe by Derf
Something different and nummy to warm your tummy! This is so good! (from the local newspaper).
Top Review by Kree
This soup is definitely unique and delicious! It's very thick and rich, and the flavors all go together wonderfully! I was intrigued by the thought of peanut butter in my soup, but was a little unsure of how it would turn out. I ended up loving it! What a nice change from the norm.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large green apple, peeled and cut into chunks (Granny Smith is good)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- chopped peanuts
- apple, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cumin.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until onion is transparent.
- Add sweet potato, apple, chicken broth, apple juice, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sweet potato and apples are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Puree soup in fool processor or blender until smooth.
- Return to pan and heat through.
- To serve, ladle soup into warm bowls and garnish with sour cream, chopped peanuts, chives and thinly sliced apples.