1/1 Photo of Autumn Gold Butternut Squash Soup - With Thai Inspired Flavors
A beautiful golden-hued butternut squash soup, with a delightful Thai accent! Delicious! The perfect first course for an autumnal meal, or serve as a light main course with a tossed salad and crusty bread. Feel free to adjust seasonings to your tastes. Recipe is an adapted one from Whole Foods Market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1 medium squash)
- 4 -6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (light or regular)
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- pappadams, to garnish
- toasted coconut flakes, to garnish
- chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- fresh lime wedge, optional to serve
- 1Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add carrot, celery and onion, and stir in the curry paste and the chopped ginger. Cook until vegetables are tender and ginger is aromatic, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2Add butternut squash, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil (add a little chicken broth if necessary), then reduce heat and simmer until squash is fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and light or regular coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper; taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- 3Use an immersion blender to puree soup. Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and carefully puree in batches in a traditional blender.
- 4Garnish each serving with 1 or 2 pappadums, a tablespoon toasted coconut flakes and a tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro. A squeeze of fresh lime juice is also good. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Gold Butternut Squash Soup - With Thai Inspired Flavors
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste