Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another GREAT recipe from "Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant"
Make and share this Autumn Gold Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the squash-I boil it for this recipe and use the broth in place of the water called for.
- Saute the chopped onion in the oil with the spices and bay until onion is translucent.
- Add the carrot and celery and the squash water.
- Cover and simmer until carots are tender.
- REmove bay leaves Puree the veg and squash, whisk in juices return to a simmer, taste and add salt and pepper.
Since we grow buttercup squash in our garden & I 've only eaten them as a vegetable, I decided to give this recipe a try. It was easy to prepare & very flavourful. It was rather sweet for my tastes but thats just a personal preference.