Recipe by Manami
This sounded so good -- we had to try it! It was very good! We really did enjoy it! mealsforyou.com. was where I found the original but tweaked to suit us. Didn't allow for cooling time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jonathan apples or 1 1⁄2 lbs mcintosh apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄3 ounce Splenda sugar substitute
- 5 ounces canned unsweetened blackberries, drained (in fruit juice)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples, water, and Splenda in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer until soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, purée the blackberries in a blender or food processor.
- Filter through a sieve.
- Purée the cooled apple mixture.
- Add to the blackberries and fold in the yogurt.
- Spoon into glass bowl and chill before serving.