Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Perhaps the perfect end to your autumn meal?
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons anise seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 4 pears, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, anise seeds and ginger until well combined.
- Using your fingers, blend in butter until mixture is in pea-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Toss with apples, pears and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Turn into a dish about 10 inches round and about 2 inches deep.
- Crumble topping over fruit.
- Set dish on a baking sheet to catch any spills and bake in preheated oven 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until topping is brown and filling is hot.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or frozen yogurt.
MMMM this is very good. I didn't have anise seeds. I cut back on flour to make room for oatmeal to be added. The cranberries gave this a nice sweety tart flavor. My family really liked. Also used a 9x13 pan.