Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Wonderful, cozy recipe here. It would be a perfect cake to make in Autumn. The smell throughout the kitchen will be wonderful! 8)
- 2 cups unpeeled apples, cored & chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In pan melt butter; add brown sugar and milk.
- Boil on low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove and let cool. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract; beat well. Set aside to frost cake.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 9-inch pan.
- Mix apples and sugar, let stand, stirring occasionally to make a syrup.
- Sift flour, soda and salt; add to apples.
- Add remaining ingredients; combine well.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Frost cake with Caramel Frosting.