Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't tried this yet -- but it sounds to good and perfect to prepare the night before a brunch party. The recipe is one I came across from Autum Leaves Bed and Breakfast.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes (cold and cooked)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Brown onion in butter.
- Mix all ingredients together and place in greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set.
- Serve with salsa on the side.
- Garish with fresh cilantro and tomato slices.
It was tasty, but slightly bland. The kids all ate it. I chopped the onions small enough that they blended in with the potatoes-- only the oldest was able to find an onion- but she had eaten enough already for me to state that she obviously liked the dish, even with onions in it. Perhaps some garlic?