Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
As the leaves change to glorious rust and pumpkin and ruby reds in regions blessed with a "true autumn", the desire for something spicy to drink while watching the theatre of the changing leaves is definitely on order. This drink makes the grade, and then some.
- 4 cups brewed strong coffee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 orange strip, peeled as one long strip from one orange, white pith removed
- 4 ounces orange juice, from the same orange (or orange liqueur)
- brown sugar cube, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, simmer together the coffee, spices, and orange rind, about five minutes, taking care not to boil.
- Strain the liquid through a fine-meshed sieve into four mugs.
- Add orange juice, stir and add sugar to taste.
- For extra oomph, add orange liqueur instead of juice.
This is wonderful! I love the spice flavor with the orange! Made for 1-2-3 Tag.
I love coffee and orange together. One of my favorite local places (NOT Starbucks!) makes a latte with a large strip of orange peel in it. This is better, because it has the addition of spices. I subbed some Splenda for the sugar cube. I am going to try it with some steamed milk next time! Thanks for another winner!
It's not fall yet, but this is definitely a delightful coffee. I loved the orange and spice flavor that is prevalent in this coffee. Today I made it with the orange juice, next time I'll be making it with the orange liquer. I garnished the coffee with whipped cream, orange rind, cinnamon and a cinnamon stick. Thank you so much for sharing this tasty recipe...Queenie.