Recipe by Annacia
As the leaves change to glorious rust and pumpkin and ruby reds in regions blessed with a "true autumn", the desire for something spicy to drink while watching the theatre of the changing leaves is definitely on order. This drink makes the grade, and then some.
- 4 cups brewed strong coffee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 orange strip, peeled as one long strip from one orange, white pith removed
- 4 ounces orange juice, from the same orange (or orange liqueur)
- brown sugar cube, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, simmer together the coffee, spices, and orange rind, about five minutes, taking care not to boil.
- Strain the liquid through a fine-meshed sieve into four mugs.
- Add orange juice, stir and add sugar to taste.
- For extra oomph, add orange liqueur instead of juice.