Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Take advantage of the great squashes available in fall! This recipe can be used as is for a chicken stew, or the broth can be thickened for a nice topping over pasta. Quinoa also makes a good side.
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large white onion
- 1 lb small mixed squash
- 2 zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (can use diced, crushed, sliced or whole)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Slice onions and place in bottom of pot. Season chicken with season salt and pepper and place on top of onions. Add sliced zukes and squashes, topped by mushrooms. Pour tomatoes over all. Top with basil. Add wine and a few dashes of olive oil.
- Cook on high 3 hours. I have not tried it on low but I would imagine 6-8 hours.
Made this and it is absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe!