With fresh thyme & sherry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 lbs white mushrooms, thinly sliced (we use one of those hard boiled egg slicers)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth or 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, reserving 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1In a large saucepan melt butter with the olive oil over moderate heat.
- 2Add the shallots and cook until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add the sliced mushrooms, thyme leaves, salt and pepper, cooking until all of the liquid rendered from the mushrooms evaporates.
- 4Add the Sherry and cook until evaporated.
- 5Stir in the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Add 3 cups of the broth, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- 7In a blender puree the soup in batches until smooth.
- 8Return soup to saucepan, bring to a simmer and whisk in the milk.
- 9Add reserved broth to achieve desired consistency.
- 10Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 11Lower heat and whisk in the sour cream.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.5
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 56.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: