Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was inspired by Dorothy Parks' amazing Pumpkin and Tomato Bake (#13120). I added the couscous and salsa one day after making her dish because I had some left over but wanted something slightly different for lunch.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove any seeds from the pumpkin, peel it and dice into one inch cubes.
- Cook in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frypan.
- Brown the onion slowly, then add the pumpkin and fry gently for about three minutes.
- Place the pumpkin in a large but shallow baking dish.
- Heat the remaining oil and then add the tomatoes, garlic and herbs to the pan.
- Season well with salt, lots of freshly ground black pepper and the chilli powder.
- Cook gently, just until the tomatoes start to collapse.
- Place the tomatoes in the casserole dish and then bake the dish for 15-20 minutes, until the casserole is heated through and the pumpkin is nice and soft.
- Take out of the oven and add in the couscous, water, salsa and butter.
- Cover and leave for 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the couscous is cooked.