Recipe by Patti Cake
This is so delicious that my young children gobble it up! Great fall recipe with the leftover cider from the cider mill visit... I serve this salmon with roasted potatoes or boiled redskins, green beans almandine and a crisp green salad with Paul Newman's Lowfat Sesame Ginger dressing - Yum!
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red onions or 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 lb salmon fillet
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients in 9 x13 glass pyrex pan and place salmon filet skin side up to coat meat. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Flip filet so that skin is on bottom and bake uncovered in marinade for 20 minutes at 375 or until cooked thoroughly.
- Hint: You can throw a few small redskins, sliced sweet potato, green beans, asparagus, or other veggies in pan along with fish to soak up some of the delish marinade and cook together. Baking time may increase 5-10 minutes.
- Fish may be grilled, but increase marinade time to 1 hour since marinade will be discarded.