Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a warming recipe for the winter months. Great after a dash through the snow. The recipe is from Plain & Fancy, a cookbook by the Junior League of Richardson, TX.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- cinnamon stick
- Combine the cider, orange juice concentrate, brown sugar and water in a large stockpot; stir well.
- Heat until steaming but not boiling.
- Serve in mugs garnished with cinnamon sticks.
- This can be prepared ahead and reheated as needed.
This hot cider was wonderful on a cold winter evening! The taste of orange juice stood out, so I increased the apple cider and allowed my cinnamon sticks to steep awhile in it ~ Doing so balanced out the flavor nicely. Thanks Paula!
This made a wonderful warm drink for my DH's mother 94th birthday party. Made for Aus swap.
All the tastes of Autumn in a glass! So very good. Enjoyed the OJ in this. But I think it's the brown sugar that brings everything together for a true taste treat. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Paula. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.