Recipe by tinkerbelle79
I found this in the fall TOH magazine. It looks awesome. I havent tried yet but I will as soon as it starts getting cold outside.I will probably use more bacon than what the recipe calls for but its up to you.
Top Review by lauralie41
Homey and comforting chowder! We did double the recipe and used chicken broth for the water and bouillon then again the broth with the flour. Did use shredded sharp cheddar and topped with a sprinkle of cheese along with the bacon. Served with ham sandwiches on rye and we all enjoyed a terrific tasting lunch. Made and reviewed for the Pick A Chef Orphanage - Fall 2012.
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan,cook bacon over med heat until crisp;remove to paper towels and reserve.
- Drain,reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings,saute onion until tender.
- Add potato,carrot,water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 15-20 min or until veggies are almost tender.
- Stir in the milk,corn and pepper.
- Cook 5 min longer.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth;gradually whisk into soup.
- Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 1-2 min or until thickened.
- Remove from heat;stir in cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle with the bacon.