Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made chocolate dipped candied orange peels and with the leftover chocolate I made these drops. They are yummy and go well with autumn and winter celebrations.
- 2 cups dark chocolate or 2 cups bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnut pieces (toast walnuts if you like)
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts until they are coated in chocolate.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto wax-paper covered baking sheets or boards and put outside, in a coldroom or in the refrigerator until hardened.
These are so simple to make and so incredibly yummy... I was going to take them to a party, but....we ate too many. My son loved them, too! You could do a whole bunch of different combinations with this. Thank you for posting!
WOW, these chocolates are just awesome! They are so quick and easy to make and the presentation is just stunning! Everyone I gave these to raved about the combination of cranberries, walnuts and dark chocolate! What a true winner of a recipe! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for sharing it here with us, Lottidawe! Ill surely make it again! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game Decembre 09 as a special tag.
I'm using almond rather than walnuts, and they're wonderful! I decided try my hand at making chocolates for xmas presents, and these are perfect! I'm making 3 different chocolate treats and whenever I have leftover chocolate I throw and handful of almonds and cranberries in and whip up 2-3 more drops. No more waist! Now if I can refrain from eating them all before xmas comes....