Recipe by TattooedMamaof2
Recommended grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches and brown ale to serve with. Eating Well Magazine Sept/Oct 2010
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 t oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 3t oil to the pot. Add onions, parsnips, carrots, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften, 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth and apples; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and stir in vinegar.