Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was an entry in RSC #10.
- 2 medium gala apples, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the diced apples in a large bowl and toss them in the lemon juice.
- Add the cubed chicken, red onion, shredded carrots, pecan pieces, and golden raisins.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, and cinnamon; pour over chicken salad mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill at least 1-2 hours before serving.
This was so good!!! I loved it! I never heard of apples in chicken salad!!! I could eat this all day.
I enjoyed this version of chicken salad quite a bit. I thought the inclusion of cinnamon was inspired and tasted delicious! It really did make me think of fall. I know I am raving over the cinammon, but to assure future readers; it really is a background note, not overpowering at all. I will be making this again and again. Thank you chef for a keeper!
This was a great chicken salad recipe. I used Poached Chicken and reduced the recipe to two servings. The red onions were a bit overpowering and I would use half as much next time. The five year old loved his sandwich! Good luck Chef!