Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderful way to serve sweet potatoes and cranberries at your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Serve as a side dish, or like me save it for dessert. Easy and delicious.
- Bake yams in a pan until they're just soft about 60- 75 minutes at 350 degree.
- Let yams cool and then peel them.
- Slice layers of yams into a greased caserole dish- then add a few cranberries.
- Slice an apple (cored, but leave skin on) into the dish, then sprinkle with ginger and cinnamon, add some raisons and nuts.
- Another layer of apples, spices, nuts and raisons.
- The last layer is yams again with cranberries sprinkled all around.
- Pour a couple tablespoons of maple syrup over top then about 1/2 cup of cider or water.
- Bake covered@ 300 degrees for 45-60 minutes.