Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Brown sugared carrots topped with a buttery cheese sauce and cracker crumbs.
- 907.18 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place carrots in saucepan, add water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain, place in casserole dish, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Melt butter and Velveeta together and pour over carrots.
- Top with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
We enjoyed this very much. It sounded like an interesting combination of ingredients that I figured my kids would love, and I was right. I used the 1/3 cup of brown sugar, but it wasn't a "firmly-packed" 1/3 cup. The casserole isn't dripping with too much sauce; it's just right. This will be a regular at my house. Thanx!
My non carrot eating kids gobbled these little sweet carrots right up. I will definitely keep this recipe handy and make it frequently. Would also be a hit at any pot luck.
Okay, so I burned the cheese! :oops: I'll have to make it again, but my parents are over and my dad tried it and loves it. We had a similar recipe years ago and I was trying to find it again. I think this comes close. I used Oyster crackers (a few handfuls, crushed) instead of Ritz.