Recipe by Lorac
Brown sugared carrots topped with a buttery cheese sauce and cracker crumbs.
Top Review by *Parsley*
We enjoyed this very much. It sounded like an interesting combination of ingredients that I figured my kids would love, and I was right. I used the 1/3 cup of brown sugar, but it wasn't a "firmly-packed" 1/3 cup. The casserole isn't dripping with too much sauce; it's just right. This will be a regular at my house. Thanx!
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place carrots in saucepan, add water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain, place in casserole dish, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Melt butter and Velveeta together and pour over carrots.
- Top with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes.