Recipe by WiGal
Another Jack Frost favorite. We have a tradition of going to the Bayfield Apple Festival with our friends and family every October so I am always trying to find easy recipes with apples like this one. I have reduced the brown sugar from 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup.
Top Review by Helen1
This was fantastic - I used 1/3 Splenda brown sugar and Saigon Cinnamon, what a delicious dish!! I also added half a yam for a bit more colour and texture. I will be passing this recipe on because I loved it.
- 3 cups tart apples, unpeeled and sliced
- 3 cups carrots, sliced and cooked
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half the apples in a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover with half the carrots.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over apples and carrots.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour orange juice over all.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.