Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfect for fall with all of its flavors. My recipe makes brussel sprouts...edible. No offense brussel sprout lovers out there! ;) When making this I used frozen sprouts which I left on the counter for about 1/2 hour to take the freeze off a bit. I'm sure this recipe would be even more lovely with fresh. I also happen to like the flavor of gala apples best when making this.
- Start bacon in cold pan. Set to medium and fry until crisp.
- While bacon is frying peel, core, and slice the apples. Finely dice the shallot. Prepare the brussel sprouts if using fresh versus frozen.
- When bacon is finished cooking remove from pan and allow to cool. Saute the apples, shallot, and brussel sprouts in the remaining bacon fat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until apples and brussels are tender.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon before serving.
I absolutely hated brussle sprouts until I tried this recipe. We liked the grilled fruit as well. We made it once with apples, and the second time with Japanese apple-pears. Both ways were delicious. Thank you!