Perfect for fall with all of its flavors. My recipe makes brussel sprouts...edible. No offense brussel sprout lovers out there! ;) When making this I used frozen sprouts which I left on the counter for about 1/2 hour to take the freeze off a bit. I'm sure this recipe would be even more lovely with fresh. I also happen to like the flavor of gala apples best when making this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start bacon in cold pan. Set to medium and fry until crisp.
- 2While bacon is frying peel, core, and slice the apples. Finely dice the shallot. Prepare the brussel sprouts if using fresh versus frozen.
- 3When bacon is finished cooking remove from pan and allow to cool. Saute the apples, shallot, and brussel sprouts in the remaining bacon fat.
- 4Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until apples and brussels are tender.
- 5Garnish with crumbled bacon before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Brussles
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g