Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect for fall with all of its flavors. My recipe makes brussel sprouts...edible. No offense brussel sprout lovers out there! ;) When making this I used frozen sprouts which I left on the counter for about 1/2 hour to take the freeze off a bit. I'm sure this recipe would be even more lovely with fresh. I also happen to like the flavor of gala apples best when making this.
- Start bacon in cold pan. Set to medium and fry until crisp.
- While bacon is frying peel, core, and slice the apples. Finely dice the shallot. Prepare the brussel sprouts if using fresh versus frozen.
- When bacon is finished cooking remove from pan and allow to cool. Saute the apples, shallot, and brussel sprouts in the remaining bacon fat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until apples and brussels are tender.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon before serving.
I absolutely hated brussle sprouts until I tried this recipe. We liked the grilled fruit as well. We made it once with apples, and the second time with Japanese apple-pears. Both ways were delicious. Thank you!