Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Moosewood Restaurant Celebrates, 2003. I replaced the turnips with kohlrabi.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 cups greens, rinsed and dried (mezclun)
- 2 ripe bartlett pears, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large kohlrabi (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese or 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients and whirl until dried cranberrries are finely minced and incorportated into the dressing. Set aside. (Can be made ahead several hours in advance.).
- Tear the salad greens up into bite size pieces. Arrange on individual salad plates or in a large salad bowl.
- Toss the pears with the lemon juice to coat. Arrange the pears on the greens. Top each serving with the kohlrabi slices and the dried cranberries.
- Shake the vinaigrette dressing and drizzle on the salad just before serving. Garnish with the cheese.
Excellent! I hesitated about the kohlrabi, but it added a lovely crunch and a special nuance of flavor. Made for CCQ Culinary Quest 2014
YUM! I did everything as I was told & it was fabulous & now it's gone! I even found 'Northwestern Bartlett' pears!! Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ. :)