2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Cranberries are not just for turkey! I love red meat and cranberries, it cuts the richness and livens the flavor. they are often used with game meat, and it works just as well with beef. This came from october 07 cooking light. Serving size is 3/4 c stew, 3/4 c noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (12 ounce) Guinness stout
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 8 cups cooked egg noodles (about 1 pound)
- chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle over beef.
- 2Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 6 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- 3Add chopped onion, broth, bay leaves, and stout; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in pearl onions and mushrooms; cook, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Combine 1/4 cup water and flour in a small bowl. Add flour mixture and cranberry sauce to pan. Cook 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- 6Serve with noodles. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Beef Cranberry Stew
Serving Size: 1 (772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.0 mg
- Sodium 230.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth