- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey (I use raw)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced (I used granny smith)
- 1 sweet apple, thinly sliced (I used cortland)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half from top to bottom and scoop out seeds.
- Slice a thin strip off the bottom of the halves so that the squash does not rock when placed in a baking dish.
- Place the slices form both apples in the cavity of the squash.
- Drizzle honey over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the apples, make sure to get the edges of the squash too.
- Top apple slices with the cranberries and chopped pecans. Dot with butter.
- Place in oven and bake 1-1/2 hours or until squash is fork tender.