Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped (approx. 12 cups)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat oil in an 8″ inch skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until soft and clear or for approx 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar and honey. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss lettuce and apples. Drizzle 1/2 of the dressing and toss again.
- Divide salad among plates, top with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, and remainder of dressing. Enjoy!
I took this to a dinner party and everyone liked it a lot. I was concerned with the balance between the vinegar and oil -- but it was fine. Very much enjoyed this!