Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother in law's recipe. It's a light dessert that is great anytime, not just in Autumn. She brings it to every Thanksgiving pitch-in.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup unpeeled apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup whipped topping
- lettuce leaf
- Combine pineapple with it's juice and sugar in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add jello and stir until dissolved.
- Add cream cheese and mix well.
- Let cool.
- Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping.
- Pour into 9 inch square pan and chill until firm.
- Cut into sqares and serve on lettuce leaves (optional).
I LOVE this salad! :D I've made it for several years.