Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. It is similar to a Waldorf salad. Enjoy!
Make and share this Autumn Apple Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a saucepan combine sugar, jello and pineapple.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese.
- Stir until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Fold in nuts, apples, celery and whipped topping.
- Pour into 9" square pan and chill until firm.
This is a lovely salad. Great flavors and very easy to prepare too. We loved the nice crunch of the celery and walnuts. Thanks so much for sharing.
I also have a recipe similar with 1 cup whipped topping and 1 cup nuts. This is absolutely scrumptious and I get asked for the recipe everytime I make it! For the family I dont put in the celery or nuts since they don' tlike it and sometimes additional apples instead. :) Thanks for posting!
My similar recipe called for one cup whipped topping.I omitted the celery this time. This is so good and creamy. Just had some for breakfast! Roxygirl