Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was a fabulous salad adapted from a recipe from last month's (Oct 2004) issue of Cooking Light. Their recipe called for blue cheese, but I've also used an herbed feta cheese.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageprewashed Baby Spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 large sweet-tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese or 1⁄4 cup herbed feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine onion through cheese in a large bowl.
- Shake dressing ingredients together in a jar and drizzle over salad.
- Toss to coat.
Great salad. The dressing was a little too mustardy for my taste. I made it again with more orange than lime juice and less mustard and liked it very much.
Makes a fancy salad!! Forgot to put in the oj, and still and delicious result.
Nice salad! I used asiago cheese, after I opened my package of recently purchased (and not anywhere close to the sell by date) feta cheese to find that it had mold growing on it already. The asiago worked; however, I am eager to try it again with new feta cheese. By far the winner was the really nice dressing - so light and tangy! I omitted the mustard (personal preference) and immediately made more to make it again. Thanks for sharing!