1/3 Photos of Autumn Apple Pancakes With Walnut Caramel Syrup
What a way to wake up. Start with the syrup so it will be waiting, ready and hot, to crown the cakes. It doesn't have to be autumn to fall in love with these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium cooking apples
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cornstarch (amount may be adjusted to make a thinner or thicker syrup as desired)
- 1 cup water, cold
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 2Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples, set aside (this is fast work with the food processor).
- 3In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- 4Stir in the spices and brown sugar all at once.
- 5Mix the cornstarch into the 1 cup of water until dissolved and immediately add the water mix, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 6Add the apples and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the apples are nearly tender and the syrup is bubbly.
- 7While the apples are cooking, make the pancakes.
- 9Note: If you would like a thinner syrup, simply add a little more water.
- 11Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 12Mix the egg, butter, and buttermilk together in a small bowl.
- 13Make a depression in the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture.
- 14Stir until moistened, some lumps will remain.
- 15Add more water to get the right consistency, if required.
- 16Do not over mix.
- 17Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle.
- 18Cook for about two minutes on medium heat or until the edges are set and the bubbles remain open.
- 19Turn over and cook on the other side.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Apple Pancakes With Walnut Caramel Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (1790 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 682.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g