Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I'm not a fan of meatloaf, but this is pretty good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, beaten egg, minced onion, finely chopped apple, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Blend together well w/ clean hands.
- Shape mixture into loaf and place in a baking dish.
- Mix together all the apple glaze ingredients in a seperate bowl and set aside.
- Bake meatloaf 350 degrees for 45 minutes. After 30 minutes, evenly pour the apple glaze over top of the meatloaf.
- Return to 350 degree oven and continue to cook for about another 45 minutes -- basting with your glaze every 15 minutes, or until done and no longer pink.
This is fantastic and my new favorite meatloaf! It worked very well with all vegan ingredients too. After tasting, I doubled the glaze amount - so tasty. Thanks!
This is really good. I'm new to cooking. This was well within my relm of capabilities. I used applesause with cinamon in it. Added a good flavor!
What a great tasting recipe.