Recipe by Mikkieus
This is the best ever! I make this for everyone. I got this recipe when I bought a loaf pan. This recipe was under the Baker's Secret label. My goodness.....how I love this apple bread! It's best when it is warm with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top. Yummy!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and grated)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and soda. (Nuts if desired).
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and 1 egg until smooth.
- Add second egg and beat well.
- Stir in vanilla and a dash of cinnamon. (I add more than a dash).
- Stir in grated apple.
- Pour flour mixture into batter.
- Stir only until moistened.
- Scrape into greased loaf pan.
- I sprinkle lots of cinnamon sugar on the top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Place on rack to cool.