Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spicy apple vinaigrette.
Make and share this Autumn Apple Cider Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 6 ounces brown sugar (or Splenda brown sugar blend)
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or less)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt (or more)
- 1 quart canola oil
- With blender, mix cider vinegar, apple juice, brown sugar, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon and salt. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated. Continue mixing on low speed and add oil slowly until emulsification starts. Change speed to medium and add remaining oil. Adjust seasoning.
I was very glad to find this posted at 'Zaar. I tracked down the recipe shortly after Aaron McCargo Jr made it on the Next Food Network Star last season. I made 1/4 of the recipe, and it filled the cruets you get with the Good Seasons dressing mix, and had some left over. I took it to work and everyone loved it. We all thought this would be great on fall salad. Just as Grannydragon says, it's spicy. Thank you so much for posting.