- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons water
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, melt butter.
- Saute onion 5 minutes, or until golden, but not brown.
- Add squash. Saute about 2 more minutes.
- Add raisins and walnuts. Saute an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover pan and remove from heat.
- Allow the pan to sit, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the squash is tender and ready to serve.