Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy all-in-one skillet dish. My children named it as a joke from a well known local ad on the TV! If desired, serve with good bread and a salad."
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 large potatoes, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canherb seasoned chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, heat the butter/margarine and oil over medium heat. Lightly brown the chicken breast halves. Add the garlic, leek and onion and saute until they begin to soften. Add the potatoes and carrots, then add chicken broth, water, bay leaf, pepper and parsley. Simmer all together for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Combine 2 tablespoons each flour and water and mix together (done easily if you shake together in a jar). Turn up heat under skillet and add flour/water mixture to thicken the juices.