Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I checked all the other recipes here, and each one is a little different in one way or another. THIS is the real deal. I got the recipe from the chef at the Watergate Hotel in Washington, DC where the recipe originated. If you want the same one served there that was made famous there....this is it.
- 113.39 g package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 236.59 ml miniature marshmallow
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 414.03 ml non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate one hour or until ready to serve.
Good! I loved this stuff when I was a kid and the recipe is perfect. Used Trader Joes frozen whipped topping which purports to be a healthier version, if there can be such a thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is just like what I remember eating as a kid. Delicious! Just make sure you don't stir the cool whip too much... lol.
"Just like my Grandma use to make" is what I hear everytime I make this salad.. It is great for big gatherings and light enough to serve on hot summer days.. Sometimes, if I have maraschino cherries, I cut them in half and place on top of the prepared salad.. I personally think chopped pecans go best in this salad.. Just my 2 cents... :) Try it- it's YUMMY!