Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my tried and true cornbread muffin mix. Doesn't get better than this.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup yellow self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted shortening
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos or 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, mix well. Pour batter into greased pan. Bake at 450 for 25 to 30 mintes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Serve warm.