Mark Cross's Note:
A few years ago, while travelling through Freiburg in Switzerland, I tasted the best cheese fondue that I had ever had or have since. Unlike most of the uninspiring fondues that I had sampled before, this was a delightful blend of subtle flavours that complimented each other perfectly. I have prepared this dish a dozen or so times now to family and friends and it has never let me down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the inside of a flameproof dish with the garlic, add the wine and lemon juice.
- 2Place dish over a gentle heat and warm.
- 3Add the cheese and stir mixture until the cheese has melted and is beginning to cook.
- 4Blend the cornflour to a smooth cream with the kirsch and add to mixture with seasoning.
- 5Continue to cook for a further 3 minutes or until mixture is of a thick consistency.
- 6Serve immediately with warm bread and potatoes (cooked mushrooms and rolled ham work well as well).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Authentic Swiss Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: