Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT- 8 Mexico, Courtesy of Mission Foods. Who can resist corn bread, not I. This sweet one sounds excellent to me, I can't wait to try it. I could eat cornbread with everything or simply by itself, with a nice sweet butter and be very satisfied.
- 14 ounces condensed milk, sweetened (1 can)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 30 ounces whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed (2 -15 oz can)
- 15 ounces cream-style corn (1can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Stir in whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, and butter.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; stir cornmeal mixture into the corn mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with soft butter and listen to the ohhhs of joy.