Recipe by Polar Bear
This recipe is an innovation of the popular Filipino chicken curry. I have made it a bit spicier by adding Indian curry paste which has special tamarind, coriander, garlic powder and oils, something I discovered in an Oriental store in Europe. the recipe as is, is only a bit spicy but not burning hot spicy. You can increase chili as desired. Anyone who loves spicy HAS TO LIKE THIS ! I have prepared this dish countless times to special guests and diplomats and all of them asked for the recipe. TESTED AND PROVEN Asian culinary delight. this recipe is a Modified Version of the Maya Kitchen "Filipino Cookbook" Chicken Curry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup thin coconut milk (coconut milk with water, a 50/50 solution is okay)
- 3 pieces potatoes, quartered and fried
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (preferably 100% coconut milk available in little tetra paks in the grocery)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon patak original tandoori curry paste or 1⁄2 teaspoon indian curry paste (for truly exotic flavor) (optional)
- 3 -5 pieces green peppers, leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat oil then saute garlic and onions.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until it changes color.
- Add thin coconut milk.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.
- Do not use a pressure cooker.
- Add potatoes, bell peppers, curry powder, indian curry paste, thick coconut milk and chili.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked completely.
- Season to taste.
- You may add green pepper leaves.