Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Spanish rice recipe, served in Phoenix, from the famed "De Grazia" collection. Taken from "De Grazia Recipes--Mexican Cooking 1976".
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Sauté pepper and onion in oil; add rice and cook till golden brown. Add tomatoes and water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook till done and flaky.
- (If you want heat, add crushed chilies, as it will not alter taste as other things OR add 1 jalapeño, diced, if you really like it hot!).